Starboard iSonic Speed Slalom Carbon Reflex Sandwich 2022
THE BEST JUST GOT BETTER.
Enhanced low-end. Greater control. Higher top speed. Impossible? Not for us!
THE ISONIC IN DETAIL
This year we introduce a completely new concept on three sizes: 67, 73 and 85. With our new iSonics you fly over the water with unprecedented control. When hitting a gust, the nose remains calm and straight. You accelerate relentlessly. However, that doesn?t mean the boards became sticky. They feel super free under your feet and release before you get too much pressure. How did we achieve that? The new iSonics are significantly wider at 20cm off the tail, while keeping the same tuck line on the cut-outs. Behind the fin, we added Arrow cut-aways and moved the rear foot straps further back. Finally, we optimised mast track positions further back. Those big changes make a significant difference on the water, especially when fully powered up.
- The new shapes got a wider tail while keeping the tuck line of the cut away unchanged. The result: More power for light wind and critical overtaking maneuvers. More control in extreme conditions.
- Both on the 73 and 67 we moved the rear foot straps further towards the back. This allows for less surface in the water and thus increases top end speed.
Double Step Cutaways
- Double Step Cutaways for added release and increased speed.
Arrow Cut Aways
- Our new Arrow Cut Away design is featured on the 67, 73 and 85. It's a diagonal cut away behind the fin that gives you a super loose ride. Do you remember how a board loads up when hitting a gust? That feeling is history.
Mast track further back
- On the 85 and 73, we moved the mast track 1cm and 3cm, respectively, further back which makes the board ride even more free.
Drake Slick Footstraps
- The Drake Slick footstraps are made with FSC-certified, sustainably sourced and plant-based Yulex foam. With 85% natural rubber content, CO² emitted during the manufacturing process is reduced by 80%. The remaining 15% of synthetic neoprene is kept to improve UV resistance. Carefully sourced with the smoothest fabric for a comfortable feel.
- Ultralight weight at a more affordable price and using more environmentally friendly materials. The bottom is built in full T700 uni-directional ?at-woven carbon for maximum sti?ness while the deck is 60% carbon, alternating between uni-directional and bi-axial carbon layers for optimized ?ex. The composite sandwich layers include the use of ultra-high density PET and PVC foam.
Carbon Reflex Sandwich
THE FLAGSHIP CONSTRUCTION
- The iSonic Carbon Reflex is our flagship range. The light weight allows you to get going easier, plane through wind holes and get the best top speed. Carbon Reflex is our stiffest construction, giving you the best control when hitting chop and waves. Decks are built with the lightest grade of biaxial and uni-directional carbon fibre orientated between 45, 30 and 0 degrees for optimized flex and reflex characteristics. The bottom of the boards use an even lighter grade of uni-directional carbon fibre from nose to tail, with an extra 45 degree biaxial carbon layer in the tail area for added torsional stiffness.
iSonic Speed Luderitz
A board that was developed to beat the 50 knots Barrier in Luderitz. In 2013 Juergen Van Der Noord achieved this windsurfing milestone on this board. Developed together with Ian Fox, this is the only speed board on the market with cut outs. Thanks to this feature it's the only 44 wide board to go past 50 knots.
An ultra compact speed slalom board with a length of only 225cm. Light riders will appreciate the ability to keep the board on the water in high winds and open ocean speed sailors the top end speed. Developed with Matteo Iachino and Tristan Algret in extremely choppy water in Vietnam, this board was developed for ultimate high wind control and speed.
Similar to the 55 the iSonic 60 has a compact outline, which allows you to keep control over the board. It stays connected to the water but doesn't feel sticky. It's the perfect high wind slalom board for light riders and for those seeking peak speeds on open ocean speed strips.
Matteo Iachino's secret weapon for strong winds remains unchanged in 2022. Comfort at high speeds with deep concaves. This comfort allows you to go even faster. The strap positions are very far back to reduce the wetted surface area to a minimum, making the board feel totally free while remaining in control. With this combination you can unlock some insane top speeds.
Ultimate control in high wind.
Our best ever. This is hands down the best slalom board we have ever made. Adding 1.5cm wider outline in the tail we drastically improved efficiency and speed in lighter winds. The new tail cut-aways changed in line with the 73 and 85, allowing you to fly the board freely over the chop. The most exciting feature about this board is the incredible control. No matter how windy or how choppy it is, the nose will never fly away. You just have to try it to experience how good it is. It's the perfect medium size board for light riders and women.
For 2022, we increased the width to 73cm at the widest point and added a massive 2cm at the rear foot straps, while leaving the tuck line untouched. With this change, you will have more power in lighter winds and in critical situations, for example when overtaking your friends! As the wind picks up you can get even more release thanks to our new Arrow cut-away design at the very end of the tail, which means less surface in the water and higher top end speeds. To top it off, we moved the rear foot straps and the mast track further back. You will be blown away by how much control you can have while flying this new board design over the water surface.
The iSonic 77 is a great bridge between the medium and large slalom boards. Vee 90cm off the tail facilitates easy railing, so you can fly over the chop. In combination with the recessed deck, both features allow steady flights on the fin, while minimizing the risk of excess nose lift or fly away at high speed. More fast. More often. The double step cutaways on the 77 progressively reduce wetted surface area and drag resistance as the speed rises, allowing for more competitive speed across the full range of varying conditions, while maintaining optimal planing area and power reserves when required.
The iSonic 83 is our big board for lighter riders. I has a smooth rocker for more comfort in choppy water. The double step cutaways help to release pressure when accelerating. In combination you will get to fly the board on the fin with more speed in heavier chop. With a small wetted surface you'll experience maximum acceleration from every gust of wind.
With foils becoming a true challenger to the big slalom boards, we increased the width in the tail, giving you so much more low end power. This revised tail section gave the most improvement; as the board starts to fly away in strong gusts, the nose stays low, ensuring optimal trim. The tuck lines remain unchanged, while tail cutaways update in line with the 73 and 67, making the board feel super loose under your feet. The biggest change is a wider end tail section. Once the board wants to fly away in strong gusts, the tail section gets activated and keeps the nose low and in perfect trim.
|Model||Technologies||Volume||Length||Width||Tail Width at 30cm||Thickness||Bottom Shape (Tail to Nose)||Fins||Fin Boxes||Fin Range||Sail Range||Weight Carbon Sandwich||Weight Carbon Reflex Sandwich|
|ISONIC 44 Luderitz||Carbon Reflex Sandwich||53l||225cm||44cm||25.6cm||9.8cm||Flat Vee||Not Supplied||Tuttle Box||18 - 24cm||4.5 - 5.6m2||-||4.2kg|
|ISONIC 55||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Carbon Sandwich||76l||225cm||55cm||35.5cm||10.7cm||Flat Vee||Not Supplied||Tuttle Box||26 - 30cm||4.7 - 6.2m2||5.5kg||5kg|
|ISONIC 60||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Carbon Sandwich||86l||225cm||60cm||38.8cm||11cm||Flat Vee||Not Supplied||Tuttle Box||28 - 32cm||5.0 - 6.2m2||6.2kg||5.52kg|
|ISONIC 63||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Carbon||94l||225cm||63cm||40.1cm||12cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Not Supplied||Tuttle Box||30 - 34cm||5.5 - 7.0m2||6.5kg||5.71kg|
|ISONIC 67||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Carbon||113l||228cm||67cm||45.8cm||13cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Not Supplied||Tuttle Box||34 - 38cm||6.2 - 7.8m2||6.8kg||5.97kg|
|ISONIC 73||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Carbon||124l||228cm||73cm||50.1cm||13.2cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Not Supplied||Deep Tuttle Box||36 - 40cm||7.0 - 8.6m2||7.1kg||6.43kg|
|ISONIC 77||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Carbon||127l||228cm||77cm||54.6cm||11.7cm||Flat Vee to Mono Concave||Not Supplied||Deep Tuttle Box||38 - 44cm||7.8 - 9.2m2||7.5kg||6.57kg|
|ISONIC 83||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Carbon||134l||228cm||83cm||58.9cm||11.8cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Not Supplied||Deep Tuttle Box||42 - 46cm||7.8 - 9.5m2||7.9kg||6.84kg|
|ISONIC 85||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Carbon||140l||228cm||85cm||60.3cm||11.7cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Not Supplied||Foil Box||44 - 48cm||7.8 - 10m2||8.4kg||7.17kg|