Starboard SUP Whopper 9'4''x33'' Blue Carbon 2020
"MORE PERFORMANCE, MORE STABILITY, MORE WAVES"
The wave-ripper for real-world riders. This surf paddle board is Floaty, fun, and the king of catching waves. You'll make any kind of mush highly surf-able with this shape.
- NEW SHORTER NOSE OUTLINE Makes it easier to pivot turn & fit in the critical section of the wave without catching the nose.
- WINDSURF OPTION The SUP Windsurfing range offers a great choice for sharing windsurfing and paddle boarding with friends and family. They glide with ease, very different from anything we have offered in the past. Starboard brought home 11 out of 12 PWA constructor titles over the last 12 years and we love getting more people into windpowered fun (Only available on 10'0" x 34" Whopper).
- NEW THINNER RAILS Increases the responsiveness and ease to engage rail-to-rail turns with less effort.
- FLAT ROCKER In the center provides efficient glide and speed on flats.
- FLAT STANDING AREA Allows to have wider stance for extra stability in chop.
- WIDE ROUNDED TAIL Improves stability when stepping on the board to turn. It also gives release out of turns.
- MONO TO DOUBLE CONCAVE TO CHANNEL TAIL Provides speed to catch the wave and then has sensitive rail-to-rail turning from the mid point. The channel tail makes it easy to carry speed and hold through maneuvers.
- NOSE KICK Prevents the nose from diving when getting into waves and paddling in choppy water.
- NEW CHANNEL TAIL Makes it easier to carry speed and hold through maneuverers.
- NEW NEW SIDE FIN BOXES Are positioned closer to the rail for quicker response in turns. Minimal change yet a big improvement.
- MODERATE TAIL KICK Allows for tighter turning when standing back on the tail.
Blue Carbon: LIGHTEST WEIGHT, BEST RESPONSE, STRONG BUILD
- Ultra lightweight Biax Carbon is laminated over the entire deck and rails for the best strength and flex.
- High-density End Grain Balsa covers the full bottom for incredible impact resistance and fatigue strength.
- High-density PET foam wraps the full deck and rails, minimising resin uptake and increasing overall hull strength.
- High-grade lightweight S-Glass wraps the full bottom.
- Scratch proof Parabolic Carbon Innegra rail.
- 3 x Glass T-stringers from the mid point forwards significantly increases strength against total breakage.
- A combination of different fiberglass densities wrap the entire hull for strength and durability.
- Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistant and rigidity.
- Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity.
- Multiple layers of high-grade fiberglass are wetted out in epoxy resin wrapping the hull.
- Impact resistant high-density EVA wrapping the whole rail from nose to tail.
- Extra rigidity with introduction of unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail / nose reinforcements.
- Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area.
- All inserts have added high density foam reinforcements.
Starlite: PARABOLIC CARBON INNEGRA RAILS
ASAP: As strong as possible
Lite Tech: Light, Strong, Affordable
|MODEL||SIZE||VOLUME||FIN SETUP||FIN||WEIGHT BLUE CARBON||WEIGHT STARSHOT||WEIGHT ASAP||WEIGHT STARLITE WS||WEIGHT ASAP WS|
|11'0" X 36" Avanti||335.2 x 12.7 x 91.4 cm||243 l||Thruster||Center: 170 ASAP & Lite Tech: 6 3/4" / Side: 5.5"||11.0 kg||12.5 kg||11.6 kg||-||-|
|10'0" X 34" Whopper||304.8 x 10.9 x 86.3 cm||174 L (Lite Tech: 171 L)||Thruster||Center:170 WS : Drake Shallow 220 ASAP & Lite Tech: 6 3/4''/ Side: 4.7'' WS: Sail Fin||9.1 kg||10.8 kg||11.4 kg||10.6 kg||11.8 kg|
|9'8" X 30" Blend Element||294.6 x 10.4 x 76.2 cm||146 L||Thruster||Center 6 3/4" / Side: 4.5"||-||-||-||9.5 kg||-|
|9'4" X 33" Whopper||284.4 x 11.9 x 83.8 cm||178 L||Thruster||Center: 170 ASAP & Lite Tech: 6 3/4" / Side: 4.7"||8.7 kg||10.4 kg||10.3 kg||-||-|
|8'3" X 30" Pocket Rocket||251.4 x 11.1 x 76.2 cm||135 L||Thruster / Quad||Center: 170 / Side: 4.7"||7.6 kg||8.8 kg||-||-||-|