Starboard Kode Wood Sandwich 2022
PLAYFUL WAVE RIDING. ENDLESS RAVE.
More drive, increased agility and quicker. The new 2022 Kodes are a significant step forward. Are we promising too much? Come and try for yourself.
THE KODE IN DETAIL
The versatile Kodes ensure a confident and smooth ride in choppy conditions. In wave mode, the Kode encourages you to achieve more radical turns than ever before - and get away with it in style. When the waves are flat, keep the action happening with the included freeride fin to maximize speed and drive. And fun.
We designed the Kodes to offer you the best onshore wave performance and excel in freeride, freewave and Bump & Jump.Time to play.
85, 95 & 105: ROUNDED TAILS AND NOSES
- More curvature in the tail enhances radical turns and smooth wave rides. Going upwind, downwind, reaching or riding waves, the improved drive keeps you moving in tricky conditions.
The rounded nose maintains a smooth ride in any conditions.
LOTS OF VOLUME - COMPACT SHAPE
- Our larger volume Kode boards have loads of volume packed into a compact outline. The thin rails help these larger boards ride waves easily. With short nose and tail lengths, the bigger Kodes feel like a much smaller board under your feet, responding much more directly in manoeuvres.
SPEED, GRIP & CONTROL
- The bottom shape blends a fast rocker along the centreline for maximum speed with more curved rockers on the sides. As you engage the rail, that added curvature on the sides of the Kode bites and you feel the board engaging into its carving arc.
SINGLE FIN: FAST & FUN
- Set up your Kode with the included Drake FreeWave single fin and take it out in any conditions. With this set up the Kode doesn't need waves to unleash its full potential. The classic single fin configuration provides plenty of speed, early planing and a very directional drive, much like a freeride board.
MORE WAVE PERFORMANCE
- To get even more wave performance out of your Kode, simply use the thruster fin set up that also supplied with the board. You'll quickly sense how the shorter center fin and side fins add a new dimension of manoeuvrability, grip and stability to your Kode.
- Featuring two lightweight Starboxes and one US box (Powerbox on 125 & 135) the versatility doesn't take a toll on the overall board weight.
The Starbox system allows you to fit Slot Box fins, quickly locating your last setting to get you on the water faster. Starbox is also compatible with US box fins.
A LOCKED AND COMFORTABLE STANCE
- Premium Drake footstraps are made from Yulex eco-foam with the smoothest fabric for a comfortable feel. Under your feet the 10mm thick footpads with a diamond grooving pattern provide positive grip and comfort over extended sessions while being resistant to wear-and-tear.
SMART COLOR SET-UP
- Wave: Adjust your mast base and footstrapsaround the white marks.
- FreeWave: Adjust your mast base and footstraps around the light blue marks.
- Freeride: Adjust your mast base and footstraps around the dark blue marks.
STRONG, LIGHT AND ECO FRIENDLY
- Jean Louis Colmas started the development of wood sandwich boards in 1985 and by 1994 we introduced his technology in our production. This collaboration led to multiple world championships titles across all disciplines in Windsurfing and it remains a Starboard original. 0.6 mm Australian pine laminated deck increases impact strength while natural unidirectional fibres create awesome reflex sensations. With 500 kg/m3 density, the Pinewood absorbs minimal resin leading to a light board and crisp ride feel. The entire board is wrapped in a 3mm PVC sandwich for long term durability and that classic feel under foot. A protective film covers the wood to hinder the sun's UV impact over time.
CARBON REFLEX SANDWICH
THE FLAGSHIP CONSTRUCTION
- The Carbon Reflex construction with its fluorescent orange colors is our lightest, most sturdy flagship construction and has some of the lowest warranty rates in the industry.
Using the lightest biaxial carbon they offer more feel, more responsiveness and more flex than conventional boards. On the water, this construction will provide you with ultimate performance. It delivers the most direct feedback from the water surface and allows for quicker and more precise movements. With the Carbon Reflex Kodes you'll keep more speed through turns and wind holes, and start planing earlier. The Carbon Reflex is limited in stock, built to order with a four month delivery lead time.
85, 95 & 105: FASTER, SMOOTHER, SNAPPIER
Kode 85, 95 and 105 accelerate quicker with increased area behind the fin. This lift is balanced with more nose area, creating a super smooth ride in choppy waters. Manoeuvrability is enhanced by the added curve around the front footstraps. The new Kode hip outline makes bottom turns and jibes notably more engaging and flowing.
- 85 // Length: 227cm // Width: 60cm // 2x Starbox + 1x US Box
- 95 // Length: 229cm // Width: 62cm // 2x Starbox + 1x US Box
- 105 // Length: 229cm // Width: 66cm // 2x Starbox + 1x US Box
115, 125 & 135: THE BEST LARGE WAVE BOARDS WE EVER MADE
We want to make wave riding accessible to everyone in any conditions.
Do you want to wave ride even if the wind is light and the currents are strong? Do you want a confident board that is easy to balance through the shorebreaks?
The 115, 125 & 135 Kodes feature larger centre line volumes with thin, responsive rails, which allow you to enjoy tricky conditions. Ride more waves with ease. Or switch out the wave riding thrusters for the single fin and enjoy a high speed freeride blast.
- 115 // Length: 225cm // Width: 66,5cm // 2x Starbox + 1x US Box
- 125 // Length: 227cm // Width: 69,5cm // 2x Starbox + 1x POWER BOX
- 135 // Length: 230cm // Width: 71,5cm // 2x Starbox + 1x POWER BOX
|Model||Technologies||Volume||Length||Width||Tail Width||Thickness||Footstrap Rows||Fins||Fin Boxes||Sail Range||Weight Wood Sandwich||Weight Carbon Reflex Sandwich|
|Kode 85||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Reflex Sandwich||85l||227cm||60cm||38.5cm||11.9cm||2||MFC Drake FreeWave 28 + Drake Natural Wave 11 + MFC TF 19||2x StarBox 10 + US Box 8"||4.0 - 6.0m2||7.2kg||6.2kg|
|Kode 95||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Reflex Sandwich||95l||229cm||62cm||39.9cm||12.4cm||2||MFC Drake FreeWave 28 + Drake Natural Wave 11 + MFC TF 20||2x StarBox 10 + US Box 8"||4.5 - 6.5m2||7.48kg||6.35kg|
|Kode 105||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Reflex Sandwich||105l||229cm||66cm||42.2cm||13.1cm||2||MFC Drake FreeWave 30 + Drake Natural Wave 11 + MFC TF 21||2x StarBox 10 + US Box 8"||5.0 - 7.0m2||7.8kg||6.82kg|
|Kode 115||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Reflex Sandwich||115l||225cm||66.5cm||44.2cm||14.5cm||2||MFC Drake FreeWave 32 + Drake Natural Wave 13 + MFC TF 22||2x StarBox 10 + US Box 8"||5.5 - 7.5m2||7.85kg||6.95kg|
|Kode 125||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Reflex Sandwich||125l||227cm||69.5cm||46.2cm||15.5cm||2||MFC Drake FreeWave 36 + Drake Natural Wave 13 + MFC TF 24||2x StarBox 10 + Power Box||6.0 - 8.0m2||8.39kg||7.4kg|
|Kode 135||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Reflex Sandwich||135l||230cm||71.5cm||47.4cm||15.4cm||2||MFC Drake FreeWave 38 + Drake Natural Wave 13 + MFC TF 25||2x StarBox 10 + Power Box||6.5 - 8.2m2||8.83kg||7.7kg|