Starboard Hyper Nut StarLite 2022
Proven Innovative Shapes with Inverted Rails
10 x CLIMATE POSITIVE
Award-winning shape designed by World SUP Surf champions.
The Hyper Nut Surf model offers stability from a larger board and the performance of a smaller board. This surf paddle board is a newfound love in every SUP surfer's quiver, it offers excitement to the most mediocre conditions. The short outline, thin rail and tail shape transform the performance.
INNOVATE YOUR RIDE
PATENTED SHAPE TECHNOLOGY
- The all-new Hyper Nut design is the 3rd evolution of this favorite compact shape that is proven to offer a skatey and reactive ride like no other.
- Best Performance SUP Surf Shape - Awarded by SUPBoarder Magazine
NEW NARROWER ROUNDED NOSE
- Limits you catching the nose through turns and is easier to paddle out through white water.
WIDE AND SHORT NOSE OUTLINE
- Increases stability and speed on the wave as you can engage the entire rail length.
- Easier to pivot turn & fit into smaller sections of the waves.
- Extra stability and pop when paddling out over whitewater.
- Provide insane acceleration and a pivot point for tight turning.
EXTENDS THE WATERLINE
- Providing speed that is comparable to a longer board.
- A curved outline has less rail engaged at one time.
NEW DEEPER SWALLOW TAIL
- Gives you more bite through the turns.
NEW SLIGHT HIP TAIL
- Act as a pivot point to drive through turns.
THIN RAILS TOWARDS THE TAIL
- Easier to engage the rail on the wave with less foot pressure.
- As the Hyper Nut has such a wide tail it is essential for rail thickness to be responsive in turns.
FLAT STANDING AREA
- Adds stability and makes for easy rail-to-rail transitions.
- Produces speed, helps get into waves easily and adds stability.
CHANNEL BOTTOM SHAPE
- Pro rocker down the center of the board for tight pocket turning.
- Creates a flat spot in front of the fins for extra acceleration.
NEW FIN ANGLES
- The front fins have more angle helping you to engage earlier and have more grip on the wave, while the rear fins are straighter giving you more drive and speed
FIN SET UP
- 3.7 rear side fins make it much easier to slide the tail for more radical turns with less effort.
- Quad fin set up uses 4 side fins and gives fast acceleration and instant down the line speed as it does not have a drag from a centre fin.
NEW SELF-VENTILATING VALVE
- A self-ventilating air valve is available on the board. This valve is self-ventilating so, it should not be touched or removed ? otherwise, you are at risk of damaging the valve system.
BLUE CARBON PRO
THE BEST VALUE FULL CARBON CONSTRUCTION WE HAVE EVER PRODUCED
- Top grade 150g Biaxial Carbon wraps the entire board, joining with an overlap on the deck and bottom to create a flat stringer, increasing the total breakage strength.
- 2 skins of durable fibre glass form a sandwich around the biaxial Carbon, protecting the carbon by dampening and absorbing the impact.
- The combination of twin T-stringers deck and bottom work together to increase the overall total breakage strength.
- Multiple reinforcements in the standing area, nose and tail increase impact resistance.
DURABLE, SCRATCH AND IMPACT RESISTANT WOVEN RAIL PROTECTION
- Ultra-durable, scratch and impact resistant woven 200g twill azure rail protection.
- The combination of twin T-stringers deck and bottom to protect against total breakage. The T-stringers are positioned close to the rail working like an i-beam to endure heavy drops and strong wipeouts.
- Starlite now features a full deck of 0.6mm Australian pine wood which is sandwiched between 2 glass outer skins, increasing the overall total breakage strength and reducing the weight due to lower resin absorption.
TIMELESS LOOK, SOLID PERFORMANCE
- Twin T-stringers made from glass fibre are positioned on the deck and bottom of the board close to the rail, providing a massive increase in the overall strength against total breakage in surf.
- An additional wide layer of 200g glass wraps the rails for higher strength against paddle impact and further reinforces the overall strength against buckling.
- The deck features reinforced biaxial glass and Australian pine, to resist heel dents and impact from the standing area.
- The nose and tail are wrapped in multiple layers of glass fiber for further strength on these impact zones.
NEW 7'2" x 28" / 114l
Length: 7'2" / 218 cm
Width: 28" / 71 cm
If you weigh up to 85kg and you want the shortest board that is easiest to whip around, the 7'2" is the board to go for. The compact size has a parallel outline to help you generate fast down the line speed to set up for slashy quick turns.
- Blue Carbon
- Limited Series
NEW 7'4" x 30" / 116l
Length: 7'4" / 224 cm
Width: 30" / 76 cm
The 7'4" is ideal if you weigh up to 95kg and are looking for a little more stability than the 7'2" but shorter length than the 8'0". The 7'4" was a favorite in the testing.
- Blue Carbon
- Limited Series
NEW 8'0" x 31.5" / 135l
Length: 8'0" / 244 cm
Width: 31.5" / 80 cm
Although the longest, the 8'0" is very responsive, fast down the line and easy to rotate through turns. The narrower nose draws a smooth line through turns, while the deeper swallow tail responds with less pressure to initiate turns.
- Blue Carbon
- Limited Series
|Model||Rider Weight||Length||Width||Thickness||Tail Width||Volume||Fin Set Up||Fins||Weight|
|7'2"x28"||Up to 80kg||7'2" / 218.4cm||28" / 71.1cm||4.2" / 10.7cm||19.8" / 53cm||114l||Quad||4.7" / 3.7"||7.1kg|
|7'4"x30"||Up to 90kg||7'4" / 223.5cm||30" / 76.2cm||3.8" / 9.8cm||21" / 53.4cm||116l||Quad||4.7" / 3.7"||7.3kg|
|8'0"x31.5"||Up to 110kg||8'0" / 243.8cm||31.5" / 80cm||4.2" / 10.8cm||21.5" / 54.7cm||135l||Quad||5.5" / 3.7"||8kg|
|7'2"x28"||Up to 80kg||7'2" / 218.4cm||28" / 71.1cm||4.2" / 10.7cm||19.8" / 53cm||114l||Quad||4.7" / 3.7"||8.1kg|
|7'4"x30"||Up to 90kg||7'4" / 223.5cm||30" / 76.2cm||3.8" / 9.8cm||21" / 53.4cm||116l||Quad||4.7" / 3.7"||8.3kg|
|8'0"x31.5"||Up to 110kg||8'0" / 243.8cm||31.5" / 80cm||4.2" / 10.8cm||21.5" / 54.7cm||135l||Quad||5.5" / 3.7"||9.2kg|
|7'2"x28"||Up to 80kg||7'2" / 218.4cm||28" / 71.1cm||4.2" / 10.7cm||19.8" / 53cm||114l||Quad||4.7" / 3.7"||7.5kg|
|7'4"x30"||Up to 90kg||7'4" / 223.5cm||30" / 76.2cm||3.8" / 9.8cm||21" / 53.4cm||116l||Quad||4.7" / 3.7"||7.7kg|
|8'0"x31.5"||Up to 110kg||8'0" / 243.8cm||31.5" / 80cm||4.2" / 10.8cm||21.5" / 54.7cm||135l||Quad||5.5" / 3.7"||8.5kg|