Starboard Futura Carbon Sandwich 2022
FAST & EASY.
The test-winning board that really started the freerace craze for technical windsurfers seeking the impossible: maximum speed combined with comfort, control and jibing precision. The Futuras deliver maximum average speed with total confidence and comfort.
THE FUTURA IN DETAIL
The Futura concept is built around a wide, thin and compact body. Width gives you wind range and power. The thin profile lowers the centre of gravity for added control. The Futura allows you to save energy, maintain a high average speed for miles and make sporty jibes.
- The Futuras have a more pronounced Vee across the bottom for improved control and comfort through harsh chop, smooth flowing jibes and a more lively ride.
- The rails are rounder and thinner than the iSonic rails. Easier in the rough. Smoother in the turns.
Double Step Cut Aways
- Double Step Cutaways for added release and increased speed.
Drake Slalom DW
- Each Futura is supplied with a selected Drake Slalom DW fin. These top-end Ready to Race production fins bring out the best in the Futuras. The Slalom DW model combines impressive amounts of speed and acceleration with great jibing abilities.
- The Futuras feature 6mm thick footpads in the tail and 4mm in the front. This combination delivers a highly reactive yet comfortable feel while minimizing weight. The thermoformed diamond grooved pattern provides grip and comfort over extended sessions, while being resistant to wear-and-tear.
Drake Sick Footstraps
- The Drake Slick footstraps are made with FSC-certified, sustainably sourced and plant-based Yulex foam. With 85% natural rubber content, CO² emitted during the manufacturing process is reduced by 80%. The remaining 15% of synthetic neoprene is kept to improve UV resistance. Carefully sourced with the smoothest fabric for a comfortable feel.
Ready To Foil
- The Futura 71, 77 and 86 are fitted with Foil-Ready fin boxes.
LIGHTWEIGHT BOARDS DESIGNED FROM THE GROUND UP AS OUR LOWEST CARBON FOOTPRINT
- Developed by Jean Louis Colmas in 1984, Wood Technology became Starboard's trademark construction in 1995. Wood Technology remains a favourite for riders preferring more comfort, more control and the unique crisp feel of an original Starboard. It's time to bring back this technology while reducing our CO2 footprint. Full wood sandwich lamination of 0.6mm Australian Pinewood over modern, recyclable 3mm PET core foam ensures durability and comfort in a good strength to weight ratio. Today's wood is less visible in modern graphics; UV protected by fresh blue paint and stickers that compliment the natural grain with a really nice effect. A classy re-edition of a classic Starboard Original.
- Ultralight weight at a more affordable price and using more environmentally friendly materials. The bottom is built in full T700 uni-directional flat-woven carbon for maximum stiffness, while the deck is 60% carbon, alternating between uni-directional and bi-axial carbon layers for optimized fex. The composite sandwich layers include the use of ultra-high density PET and PVC foam.
|Model||Technologies||Volume||Length||Width||Tail Width||Thickness||Bottom Shape (Tail to Nose)||Fins||Fin Boxes||Fin Range||Sail Range||Weight Wood Sandwich||Weight Carbon Sandwich|
|Futura 63||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Sandwich||99l||225cm||63cm||40.9cm||10.6cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Drake Slalom DW 32||Tuttle Box||30 - 40cm||4.5 - 7.5m2||6.9kg||6.7kg|
|Futura 67||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Sandwich||106l||228cm||67cm||44.7cm||11.3cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Drake Slalom DW 36||Tuttle Box||34 - 44cm||5.0 - 8.0m2||7.1kg||6.9kg|
|Futura 71||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Sandwich||109l||228cm||71cm||45.4cm||11.3cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Drake Slalom DW 38||Foil Box||36 - 46cm||5.5 - 8.5m2||7.3kg||7.1kg|
|Futura 77||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Sandwich||117l||228cm||77cm||47.7cm||11.4cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Drake Slalom DW 42||Foil Box||40 - 50cm||6.0 - 9.5m2||7.9kg||7.7kg|
|Futura 86||Wood Sandwich / Carbon Sandwich||144l||228cm||86cm||53.1cm||12.5cm||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Drake Slalom DW 46||Foil Box||42 - 52cm||6.5 - 10m2||8.6kg||8.3kg|