Starboard Foil X Wood Sandwich 2022
THE EASE OF FLIGHT
Hydrofoiling - made simple! The Foil X offers the easiest way to play in the air. This ultra compact board helps you fly through the foil jibes; minimum boardsize, minimum sail size, maximum fly time, maximum fun.
THE FOIL X IN DETAIL
With the Foil X, we wanted you to fly onto the foil as easily as possible. Deep cut-aways running down the rail allow the board to glide faster. At the same time, reduced tail volume enhances foil activation. The result: you pop up in light wind with little effort. Knowing that touch downs can be the least pleasant experience of windfoiling, we paid extra attention to make sure you fly with confidence. Now touch downs bounce straight back up, thanks to the wide nose in combination with a foil specific rockerline. Your progress just keeps on coming using the center footstrap to practice your first jumps and freestyle moves. And how about a super stable stance while uphauling the sail? All these features and more come in a versatile board with a compact, balanced shape.
- On land, the Foil X stands out with its portability. No matter how small your car is, this board will fit in the back. You'll appreciate the mini carry-handle on the bottom of the board as you to carry the board and rig stress free into the water. Less hassle. More fun.
- With the Starboard-exclusive handle feature, carrying board and sail together is easy. The handle is reduced in size to not affect your glide performance and the hollow internal cavity ensures it remains easy to grip and carry. Save your energy for your session.
- The Foil X are compact foil boards designed to foil with smaller, lighter sails. You'll get the most out of this board with more lifty and maneuverable foils like the Starboard Foil SuperCruiser or the faster, high performance foils like the GT-R.
- Even with the wind picking up, from 15 to 25 knots or more, and you switching to smaller sails, the Foil X keeps a steady path in the air. This opens up a whole new world with a foiling style that is all about freedom of flight.
CENTER FOOTSTRAP POSITION
- The middle back footstrap on the 105 and 125 makes these boards more freestyle-friendly and easier if you're a first time foil user. By keeping the back foot over the centre line and your front foot closer to the rail, it's easier to stay in control and to keep the board from rolling side to side.
- The Drake footstraps are made from Yulex foam with the smoothest fabric for a comfortable feel. Under your feet the 4mm footpads with a diamond grooving pattern will provide a connected feel while ensuring enough grip.
WHERE PERFORMANCE MEETS PRICE
- We developed the Starlite Carbon Construction to answer our quest for a construction that would combine four crucial factors: Performance, Durability, Value and Low Environmental Impact. The result is a great combination, delivering strongly on all four criteria with direct, responsive onwater feel and no compromise on your riding comfort.
OUR MOST DURABLE CONSTRUCTION
- Jean Louis Colmas started the development of wood sandwich boards in 1985 and by 1994 we introduced his technology in our production. This collaboration led to multiple world championships titles across all disciplines in Windsurfing and it remains a Starboard original. 0.6 mm Australian pine laminated deck increases impact strength while natural unidirectional fibres create awesome reflex sensations. With 500 kg/m3 density, the Pinewood absorbs minimal resin leading to a light board and crisp ride feel. The entire board is wrapped in a 3mm PVC sandwich for long term durability and that classic feel under foot. A protective film covers the wood to hinder the sun's UV impact over time.
THE FOIL X 105
105 // Length: 185 // Width: 64cm // Foil Box
Our most maneuverable and playful board ever, both radical and surprisingly user-friendly. Fly downwind, sheet out your sail and even transition into surf and pump foiling. This board keeps up with your progessing skills. Ultra-compact, yet friendly to uphaul, thanks to its wide outline and super-thick nose. With the added middle back footstrap, getting into foil Freestyling is more accessible than ever.
THE FOIL X 125
125 // Length: 190 // Width: 67cm // Foil Box
The 125 hits the sweet spot in the middle of our range. Whether it's your first day on the foil or you want to improve advanced foiling skills, the 125 is the perfect match, combining an easy ride with more technical possibilities. With 67cm in width, you will appreciate a stable ride before taking off. Thanks to the long flat bottom, the deep rail cutaways and an ultra compact outline, you can then effortlessly get the board to lift above the surface while maintaining your balance. Once in the air, the thin profile ensures you fully enjoy a controlled flight. The true freedom of foiling.
THE FOIL X 145
145 // Length: 193 // Width: 71cm // Foil Box
Hydrofoiling has never been more accessible: Even if you just stepped off a GO board you might be ready for your first flight above the water. With 145 litres of volume and a foil underneath, you will have plenty of stabilty before take off. Once in the air you can maneuver and react in an instant, thanks to the compact outline. You can use this board with a huge range of sails. We recommend anything from 3.7m2 all the way up to 8.0m2. If you're just starting to foil or want to take it easy, pair it with the SuperCruiser Foil. Want a more thrilling ride with more G forces or unlock your full speed potential? The GTR Plus foil will be your choice.
|Model||Technologies||Volume||Length||Width||Tail Width||Thickness||Footstrap Rows||Fins||Fin Box||Recommended Foil||Sail Range||Weight Wood Sandwich||Weight Starlite Carbon|
|Foil X 105||Wood Sandwich||105l||185cm||63cm||56.1cm||12cm||2||Not included||Foil Box||Super Cruiser||3.0 - 7.8m2||7.2kg||7.8kg|
|Foil X 125||Wood Sandwich / Starlite Carbon||125l||190cm||67cm||60.4cm||13.1cm||2||Not included||Foil Box||Super Cruiser||3.0 - 7.8m2||7.8kg||8.6kg|
|Foil X 145||Wood Sandwich / Starlite Carbon||145l||193cm||71cm||65.5cm||14.3cm||2||Not included||Foil Box||Super Cruiser||3.0 - 7.8m2||8.3kg||9.06kg|