Starboard Foil Slalom Starlite Carbon 2022
Flight at high speed.
The PWA Slalom Foil racing machine. Push your foil to the limit with steady flights through gusts and wind holes. A new nose design for improved light wind performance on the 91. No limits to strong winds and high speeds with the 81 and 71.
THE FOIL SLALOM IN DETAIL
The Starboard original waterdrop cut-away accelerates the water along the tuck line and gets you to take off speed with minimal sail pressure. With significantly reduced tail volume, you don't have to push hard on the tail to activate the foil and get up and flying. What makes this concept even more special is that it allows you to keep your comfortable, almost parallel stance, far outboard to get more leverage on the foil. As if all that was not enough, we evolved lighter weight Carbon Reflex technology, without compromising strength.
WATER DROP SHAPE
- The side cutaways concept has been pushed to the max to allow enough speed in displacement mode to get on foil, so you can take off even before reaching planing speeds. The board is shaped like a water drop from the nose to the tail, reducing the drag from the water while also increasing aerodynamic efficicency. As a result, the board is very slippery and stable in the air.
- The cutaways have been extended to decrease drag before take off and also to accelerate the transition into flight mode by quickly reducing wetted surface area as speed increases.
- A new shorter nose design for improved light wind performance on the 91.
BACK FOOTSTRAP POSITION
- For Slalom speed, the back foot position is further inside compared to upwind/downwind racing foil boards. It allows faster downwind and reaching speeds with a more comfortable position and reduced power on the back foot.
Extra Thin Pads
- There are less impacts to absorb when foiling. In fact, there are none. So we've designed the pads to be extra thin for added control and kept the diamond grooves for the perfect grip.
- The Drake footstraps are made with FSC-certified, sustainably-sourced and plant-based Yulex foam. With 85% natural rubber content, CO² emitted during the manufacturing process is reduced by 80%. The remaining 15% of synthetic neoprene is kept to improve UV resistance.
OUR MOST DURABLE CONSTRUCTION
- The lighest and highest performance budget-friendly technology. Thanks to its full carbon bottom and a deck built from 0.6mm Australian pine wood sandwich wrapped with Military grade-glass and laminated all with Bio Resin, Starlite Carbon offers an unprecendented level of high quality in a value package with excellent finish. Starlite Carbon technology feels especially crisp with extra high impact resistance on the deck.
CARBON REFLEX SANDWICH
THE FLAGSHIP CONSTRUCTION
- The Carbon Reflex construction with its fluorescent orange colors is our lightest, most sturdy flagship construction and has some of the lowest warranty rates in the industry.
Using the lightest biaxial carbon they offer more feel, more responsiveness and more flex than conventional boards. On the water, this construction will provide you with ultimate performance. It delivers the most direct feedback from the water surface and allows for quicker and more precise movements. With the Carbon Reflex Kodes you'll keep more speed through turns and wind holes, and start planing earlier. The Carbon Reflex is limited in stock, built to order with a four month delivery lead time.
FOIL SLALOM 91
Designed for the PWA Foil format that switches from Racing to Slalom foiling. This model maximizes the 91cm width limit to provide you with the optimum competition choice. Extra thickness ensures enough volume to take off in very light winds, while a wide but short nose combines lift with stability. The extreme water drop shape of the 91 accelerates the water along the tuck line and quickly gets the board up to foiling speed. It also allows you to effortlessly pump the board up on the foil. For 2022, we redesigned the front using the knowledge we gained from our iQ Foil project. The new nose now packs more volume and width which drastically improved lift, letting you fly more effortlessly and faster in wind below 15 knots. At the same time, shortening the nose by 10cm allows for even more stable flight.
91 // Length: 210cm // Volume: 191L // Foil Box
Foil Slalom 81
The fastest foil board in 15-25kn. With a shorter nose, the board flies undisturbed through strong gusts. The result: Less focus on adjusting your flight, more focus on going high speed. The weapon to break 30 knots.
81 // Length: 210cm // Volume: 163L // Foil Box
FOIL SLALOM 71
The narrowest and fastest Foil Slalom model, for high winds and maximum speed. This machine is built for those with the ultimate need for speed and a life above 30 knots.
71 // Length: 220cm // Volume: 145L // Foil Box
|Model||Technologies||Volume||Length||Width||Tail Width||Thickness||Footstrap Rows||Fins||Fin Box||Recommended Foil||Sail Range||Weight Carbon Reflex Sandwich||Weight Starlite Carbon|
|Foil Slalom 71||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Starlite Carbon||145l||220cm||71cm||60.2cm||15.9cm||1||Not included||Foil Box||Foil Slalom||4.0 - 7.0m2||8kg||10.5kg|
|Foil Slalom 81||Carbon Reflex Sandwich / Starlite Carbon||163l||210cm||81cm||70.1cm||16.2cm||1||Not included||Foil Box||Foil Slalom||6.0 - 9.0m2||8.4kg||11kg|
|Foil Slalom 91||Carbon Reflex Sandwich||191l||210cm||91cm||80.3cm||16cm||1||Not included||Foil Box||Foil Slalom||7.0 - 10.0m2||9.8kg||-|