Starboard Foil Freeride Starlite Carbon 2022
Windsurf foil board of the year
Over the past years, Starboard's Foil Freerides have become our best selling board as well as test winners and the global benchmark for freeride foil boards. This year we have taken it to the next level. A sensation of perfection, from the moment you step foot on the board. Effortless take offs with the reshaped cut-outs and rock steady flights thanks to a balanced trim between mast track, foil box and straps. Enjoy the next level of Freeride Foiling with us.
THE FOIL FREERIDE IN DETAIL
We have taken the well proven 2021 Foil Freeride best sellers and test winners to the next level . You will pop up on the foil earlier with the deep & long cut away concept proven in our foil slalom boards. The hull easily adjusts to the correct position in flight mode and locks into a stable path.
You will sense the added control at higher speeds as a result of the balanced outline and perfect trim between mast track, foil box and strap placement. The rounder nose outline, refined nose edge and concave deck, increases lift and speed, allowing us to move the inserts further forward to maximize the higher performance.
The ergonomically shaped standing area and thick deck pad creates an ultra comfortable feel, which make endless reaches even more joyful. Smooth touch downs and semi automatic relaunching makes the 125 and 150 super easy to ride. When setting foot on the board, you will feel a balance, the sensation of perfection that remains throughout upwind, reaching, downwind, tacking, jibing and ?surface to air? transitions. It is truly the next level of Foil Freeride! We invite you to share the joy with us.
REDUCED SWING WEIGHT
- Shorter noses and a mast track placed further back improves maneuverability and promotes easy take offs. It also reduces swing weight for a lighter, floating sensation in flight. Improved volume distribution, thin profiles and flat decks enhance stability and control during flight, during tacking and uphauling.
EASY TAKE OFF
- Combined with the cutaways, extra long flat section and compact outlines the Foil Freeride promotes quick planing and early take-offs.
- Landings and relaunches are effortless due to the ample nose kick, while the hard rail edges along the entire perimeter of the board allows it to ricochet off the water during touchdowns, helping you regain flight or finish your foil jibe with minimal speed loss.
EXTRA THIN PADS
- There are less impacts to absorb when foiling. In fact, there are none. So we've designed the pads to be extra thin for added control and kept the diamond grooves for the perfect grip.
- The Drake footstraps are made from Yulex foam with the smoothest fabric for a comfortable feel. Under your feet the diamond grooving pattern will provide a free feel while ensuring enough grip.
WHERE PERFORMANCE MEETS PRICE
- We developed the Starlite Carbon Construction to answer our quest for a construction that would combine four crucial factors: Performance, Durability, Value and Low Environmental Impact. The result is a great combination, delivering strongly on all four criteria with direct, responsive onwater feel and no compromise on your riding comfort.
LIGHTWEIGHT BOARDS DESIGNED FROM THE GROUND UP AS OUR LOWEST CARBON FOOTPRINT
- Jean Louis Colmas started the development of wood sandwich boards in 1985 and by 1994 we introduced his technology in our production. This collaboration led to multiple world championships titles across all disciplines in Windsurfing and it remains a Starboard original. 0.6 mm Australian pine laminated deck increases impact strength while natural unidirectional fibres create awesome reflex sensations. With 500 kg/m3 density, the Pinewood absorbs minimal resin leading to a light board and crisp ride feel. The entire board is wrapped in a 3mm PVC sandwich for long term durability and that classic feel under foot. A protective film covers the wood to hinder the sun's UV impact over time.
|Model||Technologies||Volume||Length||Width||Tail Width||Thickness||Footstrap Rows||Fins||Fin Box||Recommended Foil||Sail Range||Weight Wood Sandwich||Weight Starlite Carbon|
|Foil Freeride 125||Wood Sandwich / Starlite||125l||208cm||76cm||64.8cm||12.8cm||2||Not included||Foil Box||Foil Freeride+, GT, GTR, GTR+, Race, Race+||5.5 - 8.5m2||8.58kg||9.39kg|
|Foil Freeride 150||Wood Sandwich / Starlite||150l||208cm||85cm||74.8cm||13.6cm||2||Not included||Foil Box||Foil Freeride+, GT, GTR, GTR+, Race, Race+||6.0 - 9.5m2||10.17kg||10.94kg|