Starboard 4.3 x 18.5 Foil Surf V.2 Blue Carbon 2022
10 x CLIMATE POSITIVE
Our Foil Surf range offers you a dedicated foil board, designed for foil surfing, pump foiling and Winging.
The ultra-lightweight construction makes riding these boards feel effortless, allowing you to stay flying for longer. The compact short length means you have full control over trimming the board with ease and allows you to do carving turns without catching the rails or nose. The flat tail rocker increases your paddle speed and entry getting into waves, while the concave deck increases stability and offers a more sensitive feeling to the foil. The thick rails packs volume to ride such short sizes.
FREE TO FOIL
- Increased paddle speed
- Smoother touch downs
- Increased stability
NARROWER NOSE OUTLINE
- Faster to paddle, easier to push the nose into waves, less chance of catching the nose through turns. The widest part of the outline is quite far forwards so you can push down with your chest when paddling into waves.
- A slight nose kick prevents the board pearling with enough curve to recover touch downs. Flat tail rocker maximizes paddle speed to help get into waves early. It also maintains the foil angle is always at 90 degrees when flying, helping to trim and maintain a balanced ride.
- Packs a surprising amount of float to ride such short length and pops up easily on touch downs.
- The bottom kick tail, similar to a skateboard, allows the rider to tilt the board upwards, forcing the nose to lift and release from the water. This acts as a lever to help lift the foil out of the water. It also reduces the tail touching the water when pumping and turning.
- New concave deck makes it feel much more stable and comfortable when paddling. You can now push your chest forward and really get a lot of power getting into the waves, keeping the board stable. It also makes you feel more connected to the foil with the advantage of the extra volume on the rails for stability.
- Rounded vee on the nose helps prevent the nose from sticking on touch downs, instead recovering without losing too much speed. The mid-section runs into a single concave for maximum paddle speed.
10" US BOX PLATE MOUNT
- The 10" box mounts a top plate foil mast and provides flexibility to adjust the foil position based on the rider preference, skill level and wave conditions. Starboards lightweight US box is 140g lighter than market standard boxes. The foil box is positioned slightly further forwards as the boards get longer to accommodate balancing the extra swing weight.
NEW FOOTSTRAP INSERTS
- 3 rows of foot strap inserts give you the option to ride with an angled or centered position for both the front and rear strap.
*Footstrap not included with the board and can be purchased after market
THE BEST VALUE FULL CARBON CONSTRUCTION WE HAVE EVER PRODUCED
- Top grade 150g Biaxial Carbon wraps the entire board, joining with an overlap on the deck and bottom to create flat stringer, increasing the total breakage strength.
- 2 skins of durable fibre glass form a sandwich around the biaxial Carbon, protecting the carbon by dampening and absorbing the impact.
- The combination of twin T-stringers deck and bottom work together to increase the overall total breakage strength.
- Multiple reinforcements in the standing area, nose and tail increase impact resistance.
4'3" x 18.5" / 34l
Length: 4'3" / 130 cm
Width: 18.5" / 47 cm
The lowest volume designed for lightweight and advanced riders up to 70kg, - Zane Schweitzer's board of choice.
- Blue Carbon
4'8" x 19.25" / 40l
Length: 4'8" / 142 cm
Width: 19.25" / 49 cm
Ideal for heavier riders up to 80kg that are intermediate riders.
- Blue Carbon
5'2" x 20.5" / 48l
Length: 5'2" / 157 cm
Width: 20.5" / 52 cm
A great versatile board for most rider weights, offering a great progression for beginners to intermediate riders up to 90kg.
- Blue Carbon
5'6" x 21.5" / 59l
Length: 5'6" / 168 cm
Width: 21.5" / 55 cm
The longest and highest volume model, offering the fastest and easiest glide getting into waves for riders up to 95kg.
- Blue Carbon
|Model||Rider Weight||Length||Width||Thickness||Tail Width||Volume||Fin Box||Weight|
|4'3"x18.5"||up to 70kg||4'3" / 129.5cm||18.5" / 47cm||3.0" / 7.6cm||16.0" / 40.6cm||34l||10" US Box||2.5kg|
|4'8"x19.25"||up to 80kg||4'8" / 142.2cm||19.25" / 48.9cm||3.0" / 7.6cm||16.0" / 40.6cm||40l||10" US Box||2.8kg|
|5'2"x20.5"||up to 90kg||5'2" / 157.5cm||20.5" / 52.1cm||3.2" / 8.1cm||16.0" / 40.6cm||48l||10" US Box||3.3kg|
|5'6"x21.5"||up to 95kg||5'6" / 167.6cm||21.5" / 54.6cm||3.3" / 8.4cm||17.0" / 43.1cm||59l||10" US Box||3.4kg|