Point 7 AC-X 2021
Point 7 AC-X 2021
7 TUBULAR BATTENS TO FOLLOW THE PURE SLALOM P7 PEDIGREE
Slalom speed seekers, who do not like the hassle of cams. If cambered sails are not your cup of tea, then the sheer performance specs and looks of the AC-X should be the one for you. Let the wind fill in the sail, and you'll be smiling seeing others eating your spray!
UPGRATES FOR 2021:
Presented this year in 2 codes. The 832_Black Code with the top part of the sail in 2.5mil Xply, which will deliver a light and forgiving feeling. The 7548_Yellow code with total 4mil Xply on the top part of the sail to have a more reactive and crispy feeling. Both versions are being introduce with the same window construction as the Salt pro
- Fastest slalom sail with no cams ever.
- No-cam mast sleeve and no-cambers.
- Easy handling characteristics.
- Probably the lightest seven batten no cam sail on the market,
- Excels even further in over-powered conditions.
- Power and enhanced stability in both low and high wind conditions.
- Locked-in feeling that is only comparable to a cambered sail.
- 5-battens set up in the three smaller sizes, for bump and jumping.
- Winner of many national slalom championships in different categories.
- Small head for less drag but closed to keep the winglet effect. A real slalom sail figure. The base invites you to close the gap on your slalom or free race board as with any racing sail. A negative leach to enjoy a light feeling on the back hand, extra speed and acceleration. The top of the sail has a smaller head for more stability in stronger wind. The right mix between low and high aspect ratio duties.Small head for less drag but closed to keep the winglet effect. A real slalom sail figure. The base invites you to close the gap on your slalom or free race board as with any racing sail. A negative leach to enjoy a light feeling on the back hand, extra speed and acceleration. The top of the sail has a smaller head for more stability in stronger wind. The right mix between low and high aspect ratio duties.
- 4mil Anti UV X-ply laminate for high reactivity
- High X-ply luff panel for fast reflex.
- X-ply alternate batten pockets for lighter weight and reflex. 7 tubular battens to follow the pure slalom foil profile from the sail. Each batten is assembled easy for replacements
- A negative leach to enjoy a light feeling on the back hand, extra speed, and acceleration.
- As the wind enters the sail it forms a deep and fast front profile along the mast to allow stability. The wind swiftly moves to give power exactly where the stance of our body is comfortably centered on the board, and releases quickly and smoothly through the back of the sail, to allow light back hand pressure for pushing on the fin. As the wind increases, the sail will automatically self-adjust its power, thanks to the S-Shaping, along the whole middle upper leach opening. This allows light back hand pressure for pushing on the fin.
- The increase of profile in the front increases the drive for earlier planning and acceleration in lighter winds. The drive is fundamental for carving the board better in the jibes. A deep front profile allows stability in stronger wind, therefore increasing comfort and control. Now with the new Dacron stripe inserted between the foil and mast sleeve, the sail will offer a bigger control in stronger wind, as the stripe will absorb the chops. At the same time, it gives an extra profile as the Dacron will make the sail deeper for lighter wind and give the extra power and acceleration.
- Anti-UV transparent grey window to have a 100% Anti UV-Monofilm sail.
- One eyelet, one position. This is the concept. We have worked on the leach to the millimeter, and the eyelet positioning is extremely important to make sure the leach gets the right tension. The eyelet it's in the sweet spot, and that's where it must be for the best performance. A bigger cut out than a normal freeride sail, has been introduced allowing more S-shaping release as the wind and speed increases through the foil. This results in giving us the chance to increase our water performance without having to exert extra power and energy. The shape of the cut out comfortably welcomes the back end of the boom.
- 5mil Anti UV- X-ply base panel for protection from accidents. All our Ply, X-ply and Scrims monofilm are produced in the Unites States.
- Its low-cut foot encouraging the rider to lock it into a committed stance. The sail is balanced between both arms and delivers pure slalom performance to the board and fin.
|SIZE||LUFF||MAST||EXTENTION||BOOM TRIM||BOOM||WEIGHT||BATTENS||TACK STRAP||CLEW||RDM MAST||SDM MAST||BEST MAST||EXT RDM 32||EXT RDM 48||EXT SDM 32||EXT SDM 48||ALU+ BOOM||CARBON+ BOOM||HARNESS LINES||ADJUSTABLE OUTHAUL|
|4.7||405||400||6||150+-2||152||3.14||6||yes||1||K87 / K97||no||K87 / K97||yes||yes||no||no||140||140 / 150||140 / 150||Vario||yes|
|5.4||418||400||20||160+-2||162||3.42||6||yes||1||K87 / K97||no||K87 / K97||yes||yes||no||no||140 / 160||140 / 150||140 / 150||Vario||yes|
|6.0||436||400||38||172+-2||174||3.52||6||yes||1||K87 / K97||no||K87 / K97||no||yes||no||no||140 / 160||140 / 150 / 170||140 / 150 / 160 / 170||Vario||yes|
|6.5||455||430||26||188+-2||190||3.99||7||yes||1||K87 / K97||K60 / K80 / K100||K80 / K100||yes||yes||yes||yes||160 / 180||150 / 170 / 190||170 / 180||Vario||yes|
|7.0||470||460||12||196+-2||198||4.09||7||yes||1||K87 / K97||K60 / K80 / K100||K80 / K100||yes||yes||yes||yes||160 / 180||170 / 190||170 / 180||Vario||yes|
|7.5||477||460||18||204+-2||206||4.28||7||yes||1||K87 / K97||K60 / K80 / K100||K80 / K100||yes||yes||yes||yes||160 / 180 / 200||170 / 190||170 / 180||Vario||yes|
|7.9||498||460||38||217+-2||218||4.37||7||yes||1||K87 / K97||K60 / K80 / K100||K80 / K100||no||yes||no||yes||180 / 200||170 / 190||190 / 200||Vario||yes|
|8.4||506||490||20||218+-2||220||4.56||7||yes||1||K87 / K97||K80 / K100||K80 / K100||yes||yes||yes||yes||180 / 200||190 / 220||190 / 200||Vario||yes|
|9.0||516||490||28||220+-2||222||4.75||7||yes||1||K87 / K97||K80 / K100||K80 / K100||yes||yes||yes||yes||180 / 200||190 / 220||190 / 200||Vario||yes|