The V8 is a freerace sail that offers incredible acceleration with each gust as well as from non-planing condition. True race sail performance combined with a narrower sleeve, 7 battens and twin Integracams to achieve great handling and light feel. Extreme early planning, soft rotation, large wind range, great upwind and upper hand control, the V8 has extra power and drive needed to accelerate and go fast on freerace boards. The sail configuration makes it considerably lighter in maneuvers, less physical and easier to downhaul than pure race sails. Slalom for everyone.
- Custom laminated clew for optimized strength and load distribution. It features internally laminated Kevlar stripes that distribute the loads in the Clew area.
- Deep profile in lower body section for controllable power combined with very smooth leech release and open head twist for acceleration and control in the gusts.
- Moderate sleeve width combining stability and aerodynamic benefits of wide sleeve racing sails with improved handling and reduced weight.
- Twin Cam design uses cams in a critical place to support the deepest profile in the boom area without sacrificing rotation.
- Fully tubular middle and upper sail section reduces the weight and provides optimum profile stability; only foot batten does not use tube in order not to compromise durability in this vulnerable area.
NeilPryde sails are built tough, designed to withstand the most extreme riding conditions and the test of time. Extra muscle and twice the endurance are achieved with twin seams and ArmourWeb reinforced construction. This, together with our Forceline technology, provides the backbone of NeilPryde sail strength and unmatched durability. So go as hard as you like and then some.
Sail shaping balances the speed and power of a sail with control and handling. Shaping lower down in the sail will produce a little less power but increases manoeuverability. Shaping higher up in the sail creates more drive and low-end power.In the performance oriented sails this extra power is easy to control due to the profile stability supported by cams and tube-battens. In the manoeuvre and wave oriented sails, low shaping distribution provides uncompromised manoeuverability.
|Size||Luff||Boom||Base||Battens||Cams||Ideal Mast||Top Finishing||Code|