The FlyDown The Line Wave
The Fly is a truly specialized wave-riding sail. The three-batten compact design combined with the new Powerfuse construction and PVC/Dacron lower luff area makes for the lightest, most neutral sail in our range. It totally depowers on the wave and offers great sail control in gusty conditions, allowing you to fully focus on your surfing. Fast, light, soft feeling, compact and maneuverable, the Fly provides aggressive rail-riding turns and velocity down the line. Pure surf.
- Cross batten construction allows all three battens to provide the critical leech support while the bottom batten shaping is kept low and forward below the boom area
- Fuse Pocket construction for a fully symmetrical batten cavity
- Minimum distance between the clew and the cross batten distributes the load very evenly and prevents the draft to move back as well as keeping the sail stable.
- Compact outline Distance between the battens on the leech is reduced and crossing batten is even closer to the clew improving handling of the sail.
- Mini flat leech rod battens for optimum support and smooth finish.
NeilPryde sails are built tough, designed to withstand the most extreme riding conditions and the test of time. Extra muscle and twice the endurance are achieved with twin seams and ArmourWeb reinforced construction. This, together with our Forceline technology, provides the backbone of NeilPryde sail strength and unmatched durability. So go as hard as you like and then some.
Sail shaping balances the speed and power of a sail with control and handling. Shaping lower down in the sail will produce a little less power but increases manoeuverability. Shaping higher up in the sail creates more drive and low-end power.In the performance oriented sails this extra power is easy to control due to the profile stability supported by cams and tube-battens. In the manoeuvre and wave oriented sails, low shaping distribution provides uncompromised manoeuverability.
|Size||Luff||Boom||Base||Battens||Cams||Ideal Mast||Top Finishing||Code|