Neilpryde Glide Foil Wind PowerBox 2020
GLIDE WIND is our friendly, easy-cruising and carving foil, also suitable for wave riding and basic freestyle moves. Ever dreamed about foiling but felt that it might be too dangerous or difficult? GLIDE WIND is the perfect tool to get you into foiling.
The lowest possible speed is required to take-off allowing first time foilers to feel safe and comfortable. This all-round foil focuses on extreme stability and early flying. It is designed with round edges on the wings for safety, and has been engineered to prevent catapults and to allow soft landings.
GLIDE WIND creates foilers!
- BASE SYSTEM New CNC reinforced base construction.
- CONSTRUCTION All foils are supplied with a T-40 torx drive, and come with titanium plated stainless steel bolts for maximum strength to weight ratio, preventing any corrosion problems.
- TAIL WING ADJUSTMENT - NEUTRAL Across our foils, the tail wings are there to deliver inverted thrust to balance the main wings to ensure stability and control. The foils come with a standard neutral tail wing setting.
- TAIL WING ADJUSTMENT - DOWN TILTED A down-tilted setting ensures higher stability and more control in lighter winds, it naturally lifts the foil more and increases the low-end power. This setting is also a go-to when you are a heavier rider.
- TAIL WING ADJUSTMENT - UP TILTED An up-tilted setting will help to reduce drag and lift, by up-tilting the tail wing setting, this can also be of benefit to lighter riders or in heavier wind conditions.
- MAST 80 cm aluminum mast. Optimized structure with two CNC female base system inserts ensuring maximum strength. Hollow construction to reduce weight combined with x3 vertical cross-ribs for maximum stiffness. Sanded mast trailing edge to avoid planning turbulence noise. Tempered, salt water corrosion resistant 6061-T6 aluminum.
- WIND FUSELAGE Perfectly blended wing to CNC machined fuselage connection and integrated wind fuselage providing minimum drag. Volume and weight of the aluminum used in the fuselage is reduced by eliminating the forward protruding nose.
- WINGS GLIDE wings are made of pre-preg carbon layup with inner foam construction for maximum durability to weight ratio. This setup creates a natural tendency to roll into turns maintaining a nice balance during your ride.
Two deep titanium vertical tube connections to the mast for maximum strength, eliminating movement and offering perfect load transfer. Avoids vibration around the upper attachment area. Initially mounted with a Powerbox base system.
The front wing is designed with a pronounced rounded "angle of attack" and an elliptical bend shape. While flying, this thick leading edge on the front wing naturally closes the radius of your turn, tightening it. Far back, the angled down tail wings maintain a self- stabilizing roll allowing an easy turning performance. During this momentum, the GLIDE tail wing will always come back to a flat position, stabilizing the turn.
|WING||SPAN CM / IN||CHORD LENGTH CM / IN||TOP AREA CM2 / IN2||BOTTOM AREA CM2 / IN2||PROJECTION AREA CM2 / IN2|
|Front Wing S||63.6 / 25||22 / 8.7||1148 / 177.9||1044.8 / 161.9||1045 / 162|
|Front Wing M||74.9 / 29.5||22.6 / 8.9||1370.9 / 212.5||1310.4 / 203.1||1262.7 / 195.7|
|Front Wing L||85.8 / 33.8||23.1 / 9.1||1602.2 / 248.3||1537.4 / 238.3||1484.7 / 230.1|
|Front Wing XL||100 / 39.4||24 / 9.4||2083.4 / 322.9||2029 / 314.5||1963.7 / 304.4|
|Tail Wing S||39.5 / 15.6||7.7 / 3||245.4 / 38||248.5 / 38.5||230.5 / 35.7|
|Tail Wing L||51 / 20.1||8 / 3.1||330.3 / 51.2||336.3 / 52.1||316.7 / 49.1|
|Versandgewicht ca.:||3,00 Kg|