Neilpryde Glide Foil Surf 2020
GLIDE SURF creates a playground for building new surfing sensations. With a stable and fast take off no matter the surf conditions, the GLIDE SURF delivers superior gliding and controlled speed to ride waves as far as they can flow. On the wave, the Glide Surf allows you to fly through the sections and progress from straight riding to progressive foil-turns. Your imagination is now the only limitation to how you will use the waves and how far you will fly.
Pump from one wave to the next - see how long you can fly!
- BASE SYSTEM New CNC reinforced base construction. Two deep titanium vertical tube connections to the mast for maximum strength, eliminating movement and offering perfect load transfer. Avoids vibration around the upper attachment area.
- CONSTRUCTION All foils are supplied with a T-40 torx drive, and come with titanium plated stainless steel bolts for maximum strength to weight ratio, preventing any corrosion problems.
- TAIL WING ADJUSTMENT - NEUTRAL Across our foils, the tail wings are there to deliver inverted thrust to balance the main wings to ensure stability and control. The foils come with a standard neutral tail wing setting.
- TAIL WING ADJUSTMENT - DOWN TILTED A down-tilted setting ensures higher stability and more control in lighter winds, it naturally lifts the foil more and increases the low-end power. This setting is also a go-to when you are a heavier rider.
- TAIL WING ADJUSTMENT - UP TILTED An up-tilted setting will help to reduce drag and lift, by up-tilting the tail wing setting, this can also be of benefit to lighter riders or in heavier wind conditions.
- MAST 65 cm aluminum mast. Optimized structure with two CNC female base system inserts ensuring maximum strength.
- SURF FUSELAGE Perfectly blended wing to CNC machined fuselage connection and integrated wind saddle providing minimum drag. Volume and weight of the aluminum used in the fuselage is reduced by eliminating the forward protruding nose.
- WINGS GLIDE wings are made of pre-preg carbon layup with inner foam construction for maximum durability to weight ratio. This setup creates a natural tendency to roll into turns maintaining a nice balance during your ride.
- NEW MEDIUM SLIM WINGS The new medium slim wings have been developed to offer a foil set up that is faster, can take off on higher waves and allow for tighter turns. These wings are specially made for advanced foilers that want to speed up their foil set up.
- SPARE PARTS Alternative boxes available - SURF BOX, DEEP TUTTLE, POWERBOX
GLIDE SURF foil comes with top plate base system.
Hollow construction to reduce weight combined with x3 vertical cross-ribs for maximum stiffness. Sanded mast trailing edge to avoid planning turbulence noise. Tempered, salt water corrosion resistant 6061-T6 aluminum.
The front wing is designed with a pronounced rounded "angle of attack" and an elliptical bend shape. While flying, this thick leading edge on the front wing naturally closes the radius of your turn, tightening it. Far back,
the angled down tail wings maintain a self- stabilizing roll allowing an easy turning performance.
During this momentum, the GLIDE tail wing will always come back to a flat position, stabilizing the turn.
Get you spare parts here from surfkeppler. Call us or write an email.
|WING||SPAN CM / IN||CHORD LENGTH CM / IN||TOP AREA CM2 / IN2||BOTTOM AREA CM2 / IN2||PROJECTION AREA CM2 / IN2|
|Front Wing S||63.6 / 25||22 / 8.7||1148 / 177.9||1044.8 / 161.9||1045 / 162|
|Front Wing M||74.9 / 29.5||22.6 / 8.9||1370.9 / 212.5||1310.4 / 203.1||1262.7 / 195.7|
|Front Wing SLIM M||80.2 / 31.6||20.7 / 8.1||1302.5 / 201.9||1256.1 / 194.7||1230.1 / 190.7|
|Front Wing L||85.8 / 33.8||23.1 / 9.1||1602.2 / 248.3||1537.4 / 238.3||1484.7 / 230.1|
|Front Wing XL||100 / 39.4||24 / 9.4||2083.4 / 322.9||2029 / 314.5||1963.7 / 304.4|
|Tail Wing S||39.5 / 15.6||7.7 / 3||245.4 / 38||248.5 / 38.5||230.5 / 35.7|
|Tail Wing L||51 / 20.1||8 / 3.1||330.3 / 51.2||336.3 / 52.1||316.7 / 49.1|