Neilpryde Flight Foil F4 EVO Wind Deep Tuttle 2020 TESTFOIL *wie neu* und mit GARANTIE
The FLIGHT F4 EVO foil is the Formula One racing foil in our range. This evolution has been designed in collaboration with F4 USA. The FLIGHT F4 EVO features a full carbon pre-preg construction.
With an extended fuselage length, FLIGHT F4 EVO offers improved Upwind/Downwind performance and more comfortable riding. The new tail stabilizer with a precise connection and adjustable wing angle dramatically increases stability, especially noticeable during jibing.
FLIGHT F4 EVO maintains a very stiff construction ensuring low drag, allowing the rider to use every gust for acceleration. The high-lift front carbon wing allows for early take off, great lift and generates amazing stability.
- BASE SYSTEM Integrated carbon Deep Tuttle Base for maximum strength, elimination of movement and perfect load transfer.
- CONSTRUCTION All foils are supplied with a T-40 torx drive, and come with titanium plated stainless steel bolts for maximum strength to weight ratio, preventing any corrosion problems.
- TAIL WING ADJUSTMENT - NEUTRAL Across our foils, the tail wings are there to deliver inverted thrust to balance the main wings to ensure stability and control. The foils come with a standard neutral tail wing setting.
- TAIL WING ADJUSTMENT - DOWN TILTED A down-tilted setting ensures higher stability and more control in lighter winds, it naturally lifts the foil more and increases the low-end power. This setting is also a go-to when you are a heavier rider.
- TAIL WING ADJUSTMENT - UP TILTED An up-tilted setting will help to reduce drag and lift, by up-tilting the tail wing setting, this can also be of benefit to lighter riders or in heavier wind conditions.
- SMOOTH RADIUS INTERSECTION POINTS BETWEEN MAST AND FUSELAGE At the most critical loading stress points (shaft leading and trailing edge-to-fuselage connections), we maintained a large radius in the corners. This has the benefit of distributing the tremendous compression forces existing in this area while at the same time creating a very smooth shape which minimizes turbulences common to hard edges.
- FUSELAGE The fuselage is designed with a unique cross- section taper where maximum volume is concentrated in the areas of highest loads. The thickest section is the connection of the front wing to the mast; this is the area that transfers the lift of the foil to the board and supports the complete weight of the sailor, board and rig. FLIGHT F4 EVO fuselage has been extended by 12cm for added speed, stability and upwind performance.
- BLENDED FUSELAGE TO WING CONNECTION During carving, there can be extreme torsional forces at the fuselage-to-wing connection area. These forces are created by different lifts on the two sides of the main wing. Part of the wing that is inside the curve experiences lower water velocity and creates lower lift.
- SINGLE PIECE MAST/FUSELAGE T-CONSTRUCTION Construction of our carbon foil features solid pre-preg carbon fiber layup with continuous unidirectional fibers connecting the shaft (mast) to the fuselage. This is by far the strongest and stiffest connection possible and also allows us to keep the shaft and fuselage cross-section minimal, reducing drag. This construction offers the best strength to weight ratio.
On the opposite side, the wing sees higher water velocity and creates higher lift; this difference in lifts, particularly extreme when using large wings, results in very high torsional loads. To make sure there is adequate strength to support this stress, even with heavier sailors, we designed a very large and wide connection area. This 'saddle' distributes torsion force over a larger area and significantly reduces the torque leverage on the wing screws.
|WING||SPAN CM / IN||CHORD LENGTH CM / IN||TOP AREA CM2 / IN2||BOTTOM AREA CM2 / IN2||PROJECTION AREA CM2 / IN2|
|Front Wing||79.8 / 31.4||12 / 4.7||755.5 / 117.1||744.5 / 115.4||731.6 / 133.4|
|Tail Wing||38 / 15||7.5 / 3||225 / 34.9||229.5 / 35.6||215.8 / 33.5|
|Versandgewicht ca.:||3,00 Kg|