JP Magic Ride LXT 2022
MAGIC MANOEUVRE FREERIDE
Since its inception, this line has been a magic blend of everything an advanced rider wants from their funboard. While the originals focussed on ease, the second generation turned out more agile and lively. The shapes of this 3rd generation feature significantly improved control at speed and through chop, resulting in a sporty and energetic character which is incredibly easy to handle.
Consequently, these boards ride smooth and fast. They gybe willingly and carve into and through turns with ease. They surprise being JP's most playful and manoeuvre-oriented freeride boards. The magic of these boards pushes the performance and fun factor to the next level.
The Magic Ride is the undisputed 'Master of the Turn' in the freeride class: In gybes it feels effortless and refined even in challenging sea states. Still featuring its respected autopilot qualities, the MR requires little input from the rider and its forgiveness will pamper the intermediate rider and increase their success rate in gybes. It's never been easier to enter the turn even at lower speeds and exit still on the plane - and planing through gybes is everybody's desire!
At the same time its rail bite and its reliability when carving steady arcs will encourage the more advanced rider to push harder and corner with full dedication: Tighter and tighter turns, classic freestyle like duck gybes and carving 360s will be the name of the game. The Magic Ride can be quoted a bigger Freestyle Wave and is the most playful and manoeuvrable of JP's freeride boards.
The true freerider: What is astonishing about this board line is its ease and smoothness. You'll step on it and everything will happen naturally and predictably. The feel is "familiar" - like putting on an old pair of shoes: It just fits! Relaxed and confident you'll achieve more speed than on previous generations of freeride boards. Despite these easy-riding characteristics, performance and agility are not compromised at all. British WINDSURF once stated that the biggest surprise was its speed and that its performance is comfortable if not exceptional. The hull feels quick, lively and responsive. Planing readily, it provides traction which inspires you to push your fun and adrenaline and to let the board fly on its fin - in control!
Magic Ride 159: Longer than the other sizes, it is stable and accessible and thus the perfect board for anyone stepping down from a beginner board with daggerboard. It is specially tuned for easy, early planing! Experiencing the planing sensation and getting hooked on the feeling happens naturally.
You will be stunned by the light and easy handling when blasting along.
- Still based on a thin and wide platform with adjusted proportions.
- Slightly narrower at the centre and longer -> the stretched-out waterline makes early planing easier and lifts the board effortlessly onto the plane. It provides more directional stability at speed and more upwind power.
- Even volume distribution keeps the centre of gravity close to the mast base
- Wide nose makes it a stable platform when non-planing
- Wide tail outline -> offers great release, reduces drag and improves high wind control.
- Smooth deck shape guarantees a comfortable stance in every foot strap option and makes getting in and out of the straps easy.
- Increased V-flow underneath for a comfortable ride, effortless gybing and an exciting, lively feel.
- Good leverage to load up the fin.
An epitome of freeriding: A state of the art synergy between easy handling and performance. This manoeuvre-oriented freeride board shines with fascinating manoeuvrability and easy carving gybes. The ease, smoothness, forgivingness and control enable incredible performance levels and improve everyone's riding fun. If it's about freeriding, then here is the MAGIC! NOTE: The ES boards come with the standard Powerbox and only the LXT models feature JP's specially reinforced Foil-Powerbox.
- The most manoeuvrable board in JP's freeride range.
- Easiest planing and gybing
- Bottom V for great control and comfort
- Adjusted shape gives a sporty and energetic character
- Foil Approved Fin Box (LXT only); With NP Glide Wind foil, one of the easiest set-ups to start foiling
- Magic Ride 159: The perfect board for every rider stepping down from a beginner board with daggerboard
Approved for Foiling
- Reinforced, stronger box construction for Foil-Tuttlebox & Foil-Powerbox
Foil-Tuttlebox: big recess on the deck and big washers: The Previous Foil-Tuttlebox boards came with a big recess and washer only for the rear Tuttlebox screw. From 2021 on, all Tuttle Foil boards feature boxes with 40 mm recess (front and back hole) and a 35 mm washer for extra support and to spread the force while foiling and for better handling.
Foil-Powerbox: Now, the Freestyle PRO, Freestyle Wave LXT and Magic Ride LXT also feature JP's reinforced Foil-Powerbox! The fin screw diameter is 6 mm. Drill the Powerbox hole to 8mm so that it fits NP's Powerbox Foil screw.
Multiple Footstrap Positions
- Thanks to various footstrap options you can perfectly trim the board according to your needs, e.g.: inboard plugs for easy cruising and/or plugs further out on the rail for a sportier, free ride and/or centred plugs for beginners.
Parabolic Rail Reinforcement
- For high durability: The parabolic rail reinforcements work like a stringer along the rail and are resistant to impact and paint chipping and increase the stiffness.
- Your friends and family constantly take your board and change the size of your footstraps? No problem anymore! JP's Footstrap scale allows easy adjustment to the foot size.
|MODEL||LENGTH||WIDTH||VOLUME||WEIGHT||FIN||FIN BOX||REC. SAIL SIZE||IDEAL SAIL SIZE|
|99||239cm||66cm||99l||6.6kg||Ride 32 G10 CNC||Foil-Powerbox||4.0-7.0||4.5-6.5|
|109||241cm||70cm||109l||7.4kg||Ride 36 G10 CNC||Foil-Powerbox||4.7 - 7.5||5.0 - 7.0|
|119||241cm||74cm||119l||7.6kg||Ride 38 G10 CNC||Foil-Powerbox||5.0 - 8.0||5.5 - 7.5|
|129||244cm||77cm||129l||7.9kg||Ride 40 G10 CNC||Foil-Powerbox||5.5 - 8.5||6.0 - 8.0|
|139||249cm||80cm||139l||8.2kg||Ride 44 G10 CNC||Foil-Powerbox||5.7 - 9.0||6.2 - 8.5|
|149||251cm||83cm||149l||8.6kg||Ride 48 G10 CNC||Foil-Powerbox||>6.0||6.4 - 9.5|
|159||255cm||83.5cm||159l||9.0kg||Ride 52 G10 CNC||Foil-Powerbox||>6.2||>6.6|
|109||241cm||70cm||109l||8.3kg||Ride 36||Powerbox||4.7 - 7.5||5.0 - 7.0|
|119||241cm||74cm||119l||8.6kg||Ride 38||Powerbox||5.0 - 8.0||5.5 - 7.5|
|129||244cm||77cm||129l||9.1kg||Ride 40||Powerbox||5.5 - 8.5||6.0 - 8.0|
|139||249cm||80cm||139l||9.4kg||Ride 44||Powerbox||5.7 - 9.0||6.2 - 8.5|
|149||251cm||83cm||149l||9.7kg||Ride 48||Powerbox||>6.0||6.4 - 9.5|