Duotone Super Star Stargazer Edition 2021
THE REBIRTH OF ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC WAVE SAILS EVER! CRISP AND DIRECT THE NEW SUPER STAR WORKS ON SINGLE- AND MULTIFIN WAVE BOARDS AND EVEN FOR FREEWAVE JUMPING CONDITIONS.
SUPER STAR - the icon is back!
Together with the SUPER HERO and the IDOL LTD it completes the trio of the DUOTONE MANOEUVRE AVENGERS!
The brand new SUPER STAR replaces the SUPER SESSION and with 4 battens (except size 6.2) it's more sporty and modern. It is designed for waves and ambitious waver, but due to its forward oriented profile position it has a very wide performance range up to freewave jumping conditions. This makes it suitable not only for the perfect days in classic down the line conditions, but also for the many sessions in gusty, sometimes underpowered onshore conditions.
The more forward and slightly higher draft position plays an important role. It gives the SUPER STAR a very special character, which is very pleasant for many riders, and the driving and handling characteristics feel very familiar from the first moment on. You don't need any time to get used to it to be able to get going right away. The SUPER STAR feels always light and balanced in your hands, but reacts very directly and instantly - even when it comes to power on/off. Riders who prefer tri fin boards, celebrate radical cutbacks in a minimum of space, and if you steer your board also with your back foot you will love the new SUPER STAR! Going down the line it instantly goes "on or" off for top and bottom turns, shines with a non-resisting batten rotation and generates enough power even in onshore winds to attack the next wave.
As the sail generates more lift in the upper area, the board gets lifted improving the planing power. The forward draft ensures that forward jumps are easier to initiate and faster to rotate through even at lower speeds and in less wind. Whether SUPER STAR or SUPER STAR STARGAZER EDITION, both score with the convincing combination of performance, handling and control, on/off and the necessary power to have maximum thrill even in sup-optimal conditions.
At DUOTONE we use a Medium Constant Curve for our masts (our bend percentages range between 61-63 bottom and 75-77 top depending on model and length). As this curve sits right in the middle within Constant Curve masts it offers the biggest compatibility of any bend curve. This makes our masts and sails the most compatible on the market.
HERE IS HOW GOOD OTHER BRAND MASTS WORK WITH OUR SAILS AND VICE VERSA:
- Challenger Sails, Ezzy, GA (2017 on), Goya, Gun Sails, KA Sails, Loft Sails, Naish Sails, NeilPryde (RDM masts), RRD, S2Maui, Sailloft, Sailworks, Severne (2014 on): 80-90% (depending on model and size)
- Hot Sails, NeilPryde (SDM masts), Point7, Simmer Style: 70-80% (depending on model and size)
- Avanti, Gaastra (until 2016), Maui Sails, Severne (until 2013), Vandal Not compatible
Most customers change their individual sail and mast sizes according to demand and therefore end up owning a quiver with different brands. When building up your personal sail quiver, you should try to combine sails that have a similar feel and behavior. The one decisive factor defining how similar or different one sail feels/behaves to another is the position of the draft, in both levels, vertical (high>
- Freeride and slalom sails from the different brands nowadays feel quite similar since at least the horizontal draft position is forward oriented on nearly every sail today.
- The biggest difference though you find with wave sails.
Basically there are 2 different kind of wave sails::
- Draft centered (= balanced pull on both hands) and low (to keep the sail controllable) These sails are the ideal companion for multi-fin boards. Since the balanced pull on both hands makes them super neutral in your hands they shine especially in real down the line conditions. On the other hand they feel very different to modern freeride and slalom sails (which are very forward pulling). So if you are using such draft back/low wave sails only very occasionally as your high wind flat water sail you might be better off with the second type of wave sails.
- Draft forward and up (to still generate enough low end power) These sails work on both single- and multi-fin boards. With the forward pulling feeling they are more exiting/direct to sail and have a very similar feeling to modern freeride and slalom sails. In addition they are the ideal choice for side-onshore jumping conditions as the higher and off-center oriented draft helps/accelerates rotations in the air (especially forward/backward loops).
Just follow these guidelines:
- You are looking for a direct feeling wave sail especially for jumping. Or you need a smaller sail to complete your freeride or slalom sails. Try to get draft forward/up wave sails. Typical examples are:
Duotone Super Star / NP Zone / NP Combat / NP Atlas / Point7 Salt / Point7 Spy / Severne S1 / Severne Blade
- You are looking for a wave sail which is super neutral for down the line riding and very forgiving in nuking gusty conditions. Try to get draft centered/low wave sails. Typical examples are:
Duotone Super Hero / GA IQ / GA Manic / Goya Fringe / Goya Banzai / Simmer Tricera / Simmer Blacktip / Simmer Icon
- Try to avoid combining draft forward/up- with draft centered/low sails in your quiver as these feel and behave extremely different.
|SIZE||BOOM MAX||LUFF MAX||VARIO TOP||BATTENS||WEIGHT||MAST TYPE||RDM/SDM||MAST LENGTH|
|3.7||148 cm||360 cm||no||4||2.9 kg||Platinum/Gold>Silver||RDM||340/370|
|4.0||150 cm||374 cm||no||4||3.0 kg||Platinum/Gold>Silver||RDM||370/400|
|4.2||154 cm||380 cm||no||4||3.1 kg||Platinum/Gold>Silver||RDM||370/400|
|4.5||158 cm||390 cm||no||4||3.2 kg||Platinum/Gold>Silver||RDM||370/400|
|4.7||160 cm||406 cm||no||4||3.3 kg||Platinum/Gold>Silver||RDM||400|
|5.0||164 cm||414 cm||no||4||3.4 kg||Platinum/Gold>Silver||RDM||400|
|5.3||166 cm||430 cm||no||4||3.5 kg||Platinum/Gold>Silver||RDM||400|
|5.7||176 cm||438 cm||no||4||3.6 kg||Platinum/Gold>Silver||RDM||430|
|6.2||182 cm||448 cm||no||4||3.9 kg||Platinum/Gold>Silver||RDM||430|